From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: shipping material to the UK
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:27:30
1 On Wednesday 21 September 2005 18:13, Corey Shields wrote:
2
3 > The question then is where does the PR budget land? I would like to
4 > see the Foundation handle most of the PR and promotion of Gentoo, since
5 > it just seems easier to keep it close to the source. Again, this is
6 > just a personal idea/opinion.
7
8 I think a PR (and infra) budget would be a good idea. Even for
9 expenditures that need to be requested. I feel that for this budget a
10 year plan should be made with the PR activities and their expected costs.
11 This would ensure that there is budget left at the end of the year.
12
13 On the topic of PR I also feel that the mean purpose private persons
14 donate money for is to further the development of gentoo. PR does not
15 directly relate to that goal. If we look at other sources of donations
16 such as genesi and other companies, they would probably be interested in
17 PR. I feel the budget should reflect this, and not all money left after
18 legal fees and infra should go to PR, but some way should be found to use
19 it to help development of the distribution. And of course some part
20 should go to reserves.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze