From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nomination of Alec Warner (antarus) for the Trustee Election
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 18:27:02
1 On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 2:15 PM Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Fixing things to wind up the Foundation and fixing things to run
4 > the Foundation is exactly the same work.
5 >
6 > I don't percieve a vote for Alec, at this time, as a vote to wind up
7 > the Foundaion, that happens later with a vote of members.
8 >
9 > Its a vote to fix things, possibly by throwing money at the problems.
12 Sort of. Keep in mind that if your strategy is to achieve compliance
13 and spin down, then you're going to be willing to spend quite a bit of
14 money to resolve things (an unsustainable amount long-term, but there
15 is no long-term). You're also going to try to avoid doing stuff that
16 makes that more complicated (ongoing operations/etc). You don't need
17 a sustainable process, because there is nothing to sustain. Instead
18 the focus should be on what comes next. If you can get that long-term
19 body to start picking up bills and building up donations before you
20 shut down that might also make sense. You might appoint a lawyer as
21 your treasurer/etc.
22
23 Then if the community doesn't back the vote you just go bankrupt
24 because you're out of money and have no sustainable model going
25 forward. Either way you dissolve the org I guess, it just changes
26 whether the community vs the IRS gets the Gentoo name.
29 Rich