From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [gentoo-nfp] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018 - update1
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 14:28:21
1 On 15-04-2018 01:42, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 6:46 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >>> The people behind the ban appear to be the usual suspects running
5 >>> ComRel/Council.
6 >>
7 >> Yet another friendly warning: this kind of unsubstantiated got you
8 >> already time off the mailing list.
11 > Can you please explain what I did wrong and point to the CoC to support
12 > your position? "Usual suspects" in this case is mgorny, ulm, dilfridge.
13 > Mgorny and ulm are on council, dilfridge runs ComRel.
14
15 Daniel,
16
17 please stop using language as "usual suspects" to question the integrity
18 or character of the people you are disagreeing with.
19
20 In this particular case, you're also "targetting" developers that are
21 not responsible for the decisions you're attacking. The Council had
22 nothing to do with wltjr's ban from the ml.
23 AFAIK, Ulrich never had any public interactions with William in the mls,
24 so I don't see how he can be accused of having any responsibility on
25 William's ban from the mailing list.
26 Finally, Andreas is the ComRel lead, but he doesn't run ComRel. As a
27 member of ComRel, I strongly object to that idea and can assure the
28 community that ComRel acts as a team where the members express opinions
29 and discuss matters trying to find consensus - we rarely all agree on a
30 subject, but we find a common ground that allows us to reach decisions.