From: Scott Taylor <security@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Feature request
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:14:45
1 Whatever came of comment #14 of bug 28806 - That is something along the
2 lines of what i'd like to see. In my own network, I have a central
3 server with its /usr/portage/distfiles available locally by anonymous
4 ftp. This way, my local mirror has any file used on itself (or
5 prefetched for my other workstations by way of an emerge --fetchonly).
6 So, I do have files on this machine that should be checked first,
7 regardless of whether a build is marked "nomirror". For any network that
8 has local repositories either ftp/nfs/samba/whatever could find that
9 useful too. Lists of other groups of mirrors (sourceforge, etc) are also
10 good things to allow customization on. Its just my luck to want some
11 huge source that it tries to get from a slow sourceforge mirror on the
12 other side of the world...