From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 22:09:38
1 On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:45 AM, NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > TL;DR: Projects already are designed to handle leadership internally.
4 > This is best handled by those involved. Those that aren't involved
5 > are
6 > welcome to get involved if they think they can make an impact. You
7 > can't force anyone to do anything, and attempting to do so is often
8 > and
9 > likely detrimental.
10 >
11 > --
12 > NP-Hardass
13
14 I'm not trying to drum up bureaucracy.
15
16 I just wanted to make sure that a project couldn't, even
17 hypothetically, implode in stagnation with no way to break the
18 deadlock...and possibly without having to have the council take time to
19 deal with it.
20
21 Key factors:
22
23 1. IIRC, a project's lead has absolute power over who stays and who
24 goes as a member
25 2. the project lead is elected by the members
26
27 1 and 2 might form a feedback loop.
28
29 If i'm mistaken please feel free to correct. I'm not picking on any
30 project in particular, just remember the recent fluffle with Games and
31 curious if comrel intervention is the best or only way to break a
32 deadlocked project.