From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 22:01:14
1 On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
6 >> You act as if Gentoo is doing something egregious here. In fact, I'm
7 >> not aware of any organization that operates in the manner you suggest.
8 >> If you were aware of one you'd be citing it instead of arguing in the
9 >> abstract.
12 > Please pardon my language, but I think your comment merits this kind of
13 > response -- are you fucking kidding me? So you are unaware of any
14 > organization that produces software which solicits feedback from the people
15 > who actually use the software? EVERY organization does this. Find me one
16 > that doesn't. The burden of proof is on you.
19 Also, Rich, I think it's unfortunate that you don't see the benefit of
20 having input from users in regards to software development. We clearly
21 disagree on this topic, so I don't see the point of continuing discussion
22 with you on this list.
23
24 Best,
25