From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 21:38:01
1 On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Andreas K. Huettel
2 <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > We need to resolve this discussion somehow, by formulating a clear policy.
5 > Which is why I'm putting it up here for discussion and will ask to add it to
6 > the next council meeting agenda.
7
8 I tend to agree with what seems to be the general sentiment. As long
9 as we still accept patches via bugzilla/etc, then we aren't
10 "depending" on github.
11
12 FOSS alternatives are to be preferred, but since we don't have those
13 set up, I don't see why we have to live without anything in the
14 meantime. If somebody wants to host such a thing, I'd encourage them
15 to do so, and work with infra if they'll accept help.
18 Rich