From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo as hobbyist distro
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 18:09:46
1 On Sat, 2019-06-15 at 12:42 +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > Last year we had a good initiative: it addition to (or even instead
3 > of) manifests nominees were asked questions by voters. So let's
4 > continue this year.
5 >
6 > I propose to have one question per thread spawned by this e-mail to
7 > keep discussion focused. If you have multiple questions, please
8 > start multiple threads. If your question was already asked, please
9 > join a thread.
12 Some developers were recently complaining that we're turning Gentoo into
13 a hobbyist distro and that's apparently bad.
14
15 Do you think Gentoo should allow for experimental and unstable features,
16 and possibly breaking changes that make Gentoo more interesting for
17 hobbyists? Or should we block breaking changes and become more
18 conservative for users who prefer stable distribution with minimal
19 maintenance burden?
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny