From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 13:15:41
1 On 04/01/2017 20:12, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Isn't barrier of entry to Gentoo high enough already? I know many
3 > people refusing to join because they consider quizzes
4 > and the recruitment procedure to be too cumbersome and a waste of time.
5 > I can imagine requiring people to actually travel and make appointments
6 > with other Gentoo developers will only make things worse.
7
8 +1
9
10 By the way, now with git, why don't we change from quizzes to just
11 "submitted X high-quality PRs and got support from Z existing committers"?
12
13 Chromium project does that successfully - see
14 <https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/become-a-committer> .
15
16 Paweł