From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] The problem of defunct and undermanned projects in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 18:22:55
1 On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > OK, so here's the flipside of this. I'm a member of a few projects
4 > because I help take care of just a couple of things or maybe even just
5 > a gentoo-carried patch. Being a project member is necessary as I do
6 > want to have the commit rights on the project, but I'm -not- nor ever
7 > meant to be a general project member or overall maintainer or dev.
10 You left out another use case - wanting to follow mail on the project
11 alias. I could see cases where somebody isn't interest in a project
12 in general but works on something related and benefits from seeing the
13 emails to the alias.
16 Rich