From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Elections Results for term 2014-2015
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:28:12
1 > On Jul 17, 2014, at 8:36 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > For what's it worth, I couldn't care less if my voting is public or not,
3 > it's nothing personal to anyone, it's only what I think is best for the
4 > distribution
5 >
6 > And I hope others feel the same way (even those whom didn't get elected)
9 I admit that I had some initial negative feelings when I saw that the only less popular option than myself was reopening nominations, but I got over it after realizing that people's opinions were none of my business. I had refrained from making unsolicited statements on my positions in the belief that someone should ask first, but none did.
10
11 I think that is unfortunate that no one asked and that the outcome might have been different had a single person asked, but c'est la vie. I bear no ill will toward anyone who cast a vote (or did not cast a vote). How people voted should have no bearing on the interactions between those voting and those on the ballot.