From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 15:27:56
1 On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Nick Vinson <nvinson234@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Criminal Case. The defendant may appeal a guilty verdict, but the
4 > government may not appeal if a defendant is found not guilty. Either
5 > side in a criminal case may appeal with respect to the sentence that is
6 > imposed after a guilty verdict.
7 >
8 > Source: http://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/types-cases/appeals
9 >
10 > So in short, if you are found not-guilty in a lower court it's over.
11 > There's nothing more the US government can do.
14 Well, the US government does lots of dumb things... :)
15
16 However, verdicts generally aren't issued by a judge in the US.
17 They're usually issued by juries, and this is part of why they're not
18 appealable. We don't really have juries in Gentoo. I'm not convinced
19 having them would make things better.
22 Rich