From: Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 19:16:10
1 Hi All,
2
3 To OFFICIAL GENTOO peeps on this list (aka my friends):
4
5 Can we please put the guns away now? William is in a heightened state of
6 agitation, and silencing him or adding emails like this will only stoke the
7 fires of agitation more. Silencing him isn't going to "make the problem go
8 away."
9
10 What I am witnessing on this list is a voice (or more) railing against an
11 impersonal bureaucracy (full of "pass the buck" -- don't like ComRel, go to
12 council; don't like council? go to council; don't like Gentoo, speak; don't
13 like Gentoo, but not like by Gentoo, don't speak).
14
15 I would like to suggest that maybe there is a degree of correctness in the
16 angst that people have expressed about ComRel (and Council and the Gentoo
17 Bureaucracies in general).
18
19 Cheers,
20 Seemant
21
22 PS The larger philosophical question is: Are we seriously banning people as
23 a community? What sort of community are we, in fact?
26 *--*
27 *Oakland Finish Up Weekend*
28 Be Amazed. Be Amazing.
29 Get Mentored | Get Inspired | *Finish* *Up*
30 http://oaklandfinishup.com
33 On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <