From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Comrel Improvements: Expectations of Privacy
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 16:01:07
1 On Friday, September 30, 2016 8:59:15 PM EDT Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > The Issue
4 > Recently there has been some questioning of whether we have the right
5 > balance of privacy in Comrel disputes.
6
7 Anonymous stats can be produced and released without releasing any private
8 information.
9
10 Such as but not limited to the following:
11
12 # of cases brought to comrel
13 # of cases resolved amicably
14 # of warnings issued
15 # of cases resulting in policing action, suspension, ban, etc
16 # of developers kicked/booted
17 # of developers recruited
18
19 For each of the above, there would be another field, # of comrel members who
20 voted or took part in such action. That will show if it is just individuals
21 having their way, or if comrel is working as a team. May even go so far as to
22 record votes, x number for, x number against for each.
23
24 There could be more, but such information is very useful. All of such will
25 provide a measure of accountability. It does not reveal any sensitive
26 information. This would be like annually at minimum, monthly at maximum.
27
28 This could even be produced retroactively so we could see if this had an
29 impact on the project at any given point in time. I suspect that might be the
30 case in the past.
33 William L. Thomson Jr.