From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Building binary packages
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:28:02
1 Thomas Schreiner wrote:
2
3 > That's why I was planning to build a binary package for mysql-4.1 on a
4 > second host in order to install it on my production server, but I could
5 > not find a list of common pitfalls to consider while building packages
6 > for a different host. These are the things that I can think of so far:
7
8 This is the only way I do packaging - I build all binary packages in a
9 chroot on the fastest box I can get my hands on. In other words I use a
10 pentium4 workstation to build binaries for my PIII's, PII's, etc...
11
12 If you are interested the system I use is at:
13
14 http://badpenguins.com/source/gentoo-buildhoster
15
16 You can download the ebuild and stick it in an overlay. There is a sample
17 tutorial.
20 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list