From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] Banking
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:57:38
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 >Dear all,
4 > Last week Kurt asked me if I would be willing to handle the paperwork
5 >required to establish a corporate account with NetBank
6 >(http://www.netbank.com/images/certificate_of_authority_sb.pdf <-- Nick,
7 >would you mind ocr'ing?). One of the forms needs to be filed by the
8 >Secretary of the Gentoo Foundation stating that the board approves using
9 >netbank and has approved a specific individual to be the bank account
10 >manager. The result is that if a single person is to file this
11 >paperwork then that person needs to be the Secretary of the Foundation,
12 >and the NetBank account admin. I'm willing to be that person, but we
13 >either need a meeting so that we can vote, or it needs unanimous written
14 >consent from all of the trustees. (I assume that e-mails to -trustees
15 >should suffice, if we choose that route.)
16 >
17 >Thoughts / comments?
18 >
19 >Thanks,
20 >g2boojum
23 Why netbank? what benefits do they have over a standard bank? (or credit
24 union?)
25 personally I'm very partial to credit unions because of the much better
26 interest rates and additional perks that you don't get at banks.. just
27 wondering what netbank offers wrt that.
28
29 Otherwise, I'm totally comfortable with Grant being secretary of the
30 foundation (or treasurer? wouldn't that be more appropriate?)
31
32 Joshua
35 gentoo-trustees@g.o mailing list