From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is up with the libreoffice ebuild?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:26:51
1 On 6 September 2011, at 10:12, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > ...
3 >> Just to make things clear, I utterly detest cups, with its arrogance,
4 >> its wierd, non-standard, and its non-text-based configuration. Surely
5 >> I'm not going to be faced by the choice of abandoning libreoffice or
6 >> using cups?
7 >
8 > ...
9 > I never liked CUPS, but then, at least there is some interface
10 > to configure its options. I don't do much printing anyway, so I can live
11 > with that. Well, seems I have to.
12
13 There's something about the *idea* of CUPS that I think I disliked at one time.
14
15 Isn't CUPS really bug and bloaty and horrible?
16 It has it's own web-interface, which one doesn't seem able to disable - why can't I just configure text files?
17
18 When I actually installed CUPS, it worked perfectly almost straight out of the box. Probably less effort and more reliable than printing on any other o/s I've used.
19
20 Stroller.