From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Laptop Install Issue
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:47:23
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've become so enamoured with Gentoo that I've decided to install on my
4 laptop. However, I'm having a bit of a problem.
5
6 I'm at the point where I can boot the system and I've been trying to
7 install xorg-x11. However, the laptop keeps powering off on me.
8
9 This wasn't a problem until I build the kernel where I built acpi
10 support into it. However, I *didn't* read the ACPI Guide and obviously,
11 should have. That's no big problem, I'll just recompile the kernel and
12 follow what the Guide says.
13
14 My issue is this: The computer powered off in the middle of the install
15 of xorg-x11. This has happened a couple of times. I haven't been
16 having problems with the laptop, so I'm pretty sure the issue has
17 something to do with power management since I built power management
18 into the kernel, but didn't emerge acpid. Anyway, since the emerge of
19 xorg-x11 has bombed a couple of times, is there anything that I should
20 do in the way of clean up before trying to emerge it again?
21
22 Regards,
23
24 Colleen