From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 02:35:36
1 On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:14 PM Caveman Al Toraboran
2 <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > are you referring to python's dependence on expat
5 > and glibc?
8 More like bash's dependence. Well, and in the case of glibc just
9 about everything. When those break you're basically stuck recovering
10 from a rescue disk.
11
12 Fortunately we haven't had glibc/gcc break ABI in quite a while, and
13 preserved-rebuild covers a lot of the other issues.
14
15 In any case, if you have a solution other than statically building
16 half the system I'm sure patches will be welcome. FWIW Gentoo is
17 about as hassle-free to use as it has ever been. It isn't debian
18 stable, and it is unlikely to ever be that way...
21 Rich