From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to resume 'emerge -e @world' after grub fails?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 03:08:01
1 Hello,
2
3 On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, Dale wrote:
4 >The key thing, remembering to force it to be added to world, which is a
5 >lot easier than remembering to use -1 for ALL those things I don't want
6 >in the world file.  Before I added the -1 option, my world file was full
7 >of all sorts of things that have no business being there at all.  It was
8 >causing huge problems with upgrades and such.
9
10 Hm.
11
12 # wc -l /var/lib/portage/world
13 1140 /var/lib/portage/world
14
15 Am I doing something wrong? Looking it over, it looks right though.
16 And --depclean is hopelessly overeager here.
17
18 ====
19 Packages installed: 3511
20 Packages in world: 1140
21 Packages in system: 43
22 Required packages: 2581
23 Number to remove: 930
24 ====
25
26 Hm. I guess there's stuff missing from world (linux-gazette*?) or
27 something's broke. I guess I should quickpkg stuff, run a depclean and
28 go figure what's missing ;) adding to world/pruning whatever ;) I know
29 a lot of those "depcleaned" pkgs are wanted/needed, so I missed adding
30 stuff to world or deps are lacking... Oh well. Not while I'm cleaning
31 up after the profile-13/gcc-5.4 -> profile-17/gcc-7.2 stuff (I'd
32 already compiled most with gcc 6.4, with "std=c++14" for C++ stuff. So
33 not much change there besides pie/no-pie.
34
35 -dnh
38 Shin - Device for finding furniture in the dark.