From: Michel Catudal <mcatudal@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:36:37
1 Le 2015-08-27 15:18, Fernando Rodriguez a écrit :
2 > Who are you to tell them what they should work on? They're acting like FOSS developers, many of whom work for free or underpaid so they work on whatever the fuck they want. The problem with FOSS is that we have too many idiots that like to rant about
3 > what they don't like instead of doing something about it. If all those energies went to improving the software FOSS would be so much better.
4
5 No one is asking them to do that. As mentioned before it works with some override. A solution to the problem would be to remove the arrogance toward people who want grub on a partition and remove the part in the installer that refuses to install it unless
6 you give it an override. If I say write the bootloader on the partition, that should work as requested, they can still write a comment that they do not like us doing it but should not keep us from doing it. If it doesn't work we will see it soon enough.
9 Michel
13 For Linux Software visit
14 http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal
15 http://sourceforge.net/projects/suzielinux/