From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternatives to knutclient
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:40:53
1 On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I did some looking around (I had an APC) and all the APC branded crap you
4 > get in the stores are cheaper, inferior options. I found out the BX-prefixed
5 > models don't even have proper AVR (they only correct when the voltage drops
6 > below a certain point, they don't do anything in an overvoltage situation.
7 > The BR-prefixed models are like the old UPS of lore, they offer true AVR for
8 > both undervolt and overvolt situations, and the one I have even has an
9 > option for an extra battery pack for extended runtime (BR1500G.)
10 >
11 > Basically anything in Best Buy, Staples, or similar stores is guaranteed to
12 > have the consumer BX model junk.
15 This is my experience as well. I went with a Cyberpower CP1500PFC and
16 have been very happy with it, and I think it falls into the
17 better-quality level of stuff (though I'm sure the server-oriented
18 stuff is better still if you're willing to pay).
19
20 I have no idea how long the battery will last but when it dies I'll
21 probably replace it.
22
23 The stuff sold in stores tends to be junk.
26 Rich