From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hard drives not detected in repeatable order.
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 02:26:34
1 On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 12:03:47PM -0700, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s wrote
2
3 > They have the advantage over UUID's in that you can set them and
4 > therefore can be human readable. Also, if you use a desktop
5 > environment, they look nice in file managers.
6
7 I assume that name clashes can be avoided by using hostname-label. My
8 question is... are there any circumstances where you can use UUIDs but
9 not labels, or visa versa? If so, I'd prefer to go with the more robust
10 option from day 1, rather than switch later.
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>