From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: 'Best' Desktop Environment
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 18:04:31
1 Am Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012, 11:52:48 schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2 > On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3 > > So, while we're meta-discussing Linus' rant on Gnome3, here's an article
4 > > from TechRadar exploring the usability of the leading Linux desktop
5 > > environments.
6 > >
7 > > http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/whats-the-best-li
8 > > nux-desktop-environment-1045280
9 > >
10 > > Summary: Try the latest KDE. You might get pleasantly surprised.
11 >
12 > In my humble opinion, you should use whatever you actually like. You
13 > don't like GNOME? Then don't use it; and if you used it before and
14 > don't like the new version, either get involver to get it "fixed" (for
15 > whatever defintion of "fixed" you want), fork it (although maybe you
16 > should first try Unity, MATE, or Cinnamon before), or go to another
17 > desktop.
18 >
19 > I like GNOME 3, therefore I use it. I like systemd, therefore I use
20 > it. I like Emacs, therefore I use it. If someone else wants to use
21 > KDE, OpenRC, and Vim, it's none of my business. To each his own.
22
23 one question - how can you call something that doesn't even let you change the
24 fonts call a 'desktop environment'?
27 #163933