From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [~amd64] Keyboard stops working several times/day
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:46:26
1 I've been seeing this keyboard problem for the past few weeks: after
2 running some command from a bash prompt (haven't tried zsh yet) the
3 keyboard stops working. Almost like somebody unplugged the keyboard
4 from its usb port (except that the LED on the keyboard stays lit so I
5 know the power is still on).
6
7 There are no error messages in journalctl or in /var/log/Xorg.0.log
8
9 I don't know how to change to a console without using a ctrl-alt-Fn
10 keystroke from the keyboard (anyone know if it's possible?).
11
12 When I unplug the keyboard from the usb port I can see the kernel
13 recognize the unplug event, which makes me think that it's not a
14 kernel/usb bug or a broken wire in the keyboard cable.
15
16 When I re-plug the keyboard into a usb port the keyboard immediately
17 starts working normally again until the next time I happen to trigger
18 the problem by running some black-magical command from a command
19 prompt. There is no particular command that causes it--it can be any
20 arbitrary command AFAICT.
21
22 Just one weird example: I can be typing a URL in a web browser window
23 when a bash command finishes running in a terminal window and the
24 keyboard stops working in the middle of my typing :(
25
26 Any debugging suggestions would be most welcome.