From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] At last! A Qt5 version of KMail-2 - but here be dragons!
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:28:43
1 On December 27, 2016 9:36:36 PM GMT+01:00, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:54:57 +0000, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >
4 >> Speaking of English. I always wonder which would be a better match
5 >for
6 >> someone who uses English mostly to deal with international friends
7 >and
8 >> computers. I am Dutch myself, which means it's officially a second
9 >> language for me. (Always wondered about that, as I speak several
10 >> languages and fluency is simply a matter of which I speak regularly).
11 >I
12 >> usually throw a dice to decide between US and UK whenever I get
13 >asked.
14 >
15 >As a native English speaking pedant, I would throw "a die" or "some
16 >dice"
17 >to decide, dice is the plural :P
18
19 I stand corrected. Always thought the word was both singular and plural.
20
21 Probably because most games with dice have more then 1.
22
23 Still wondering which the majority of non-english-natives would use.
24 Is there an Irish, Welsh or Scottish dictionary available? (Sequence chosen randomly)
27 Joost
28 --
29 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.