From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:34:38
1 > Al,
2 >
3 > Do everyone a favor. Go use Gmane and tell us what exactly
4 > you'd be able to do that Gmane does not already do.
5 > It's archived, search-able (via keywords) and many, many
6 > other very cool features.
7
8 I do you favour and confirm that it is a very cool web interface to
9 newsgroups. It is especially usefull if you have to switch between
10 machines. It is good that they mirror the gentoo mailing lists and
11 give them an archive. As long as you work from the same desktop a
12 classical newsreader seems still more comfortable to me.
13
14 However, my concern was why the Gentoo community doesn't make use of
15 those cool features and officially only advertises and keeps a mailing
16 list, that has no history itself for example and how this approach
17 influences and limits the culture of communication.
18
19 Al