From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to "freeze" my Gentoo system
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 20:42:45
Don't know the proper term, but I want to stop version updates for a while, yet allow package-rN updates...

I spent most of the last couple of days killing two bugs that were a serious drag on my laptop, involving kacpid hogging the CPU on a resume, or bay swap, and gnome panel freezing on > 7 open windows (a real deal killer). I'd like to spend a few months just using it now that it all works...

So with the latest kernel in the tree unmasked (kacpid bug fix) and a couple of patches and ebuilds in my overlay for a pair of unmasked x11 and gnome packages, what is the method to keep this 'world' in a 'set' and 'forgotten' state? '-)

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /
 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org