From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 12:28:29
1 On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 08:34:11PM +0100, Steven J. Long wrote:
2
3 > Again you're wilfully misinterpreting what I've said, and answering a completely different
4 > point. You didn't know the basics of how to go about approaching Gentoo. Stuff that
5 > practically every user knows, or can find out *very* easily: much more easily than the
6 > documentation they end up searching to do an install and maintain their machine/s. Again,
7 > if you cba to do that basic groundwork, wtf do you expect?
8 >
9 > Oh yes, us all to fall over ourselves and fete you with discussion about how wonderful you
10 > are, and how lucky we'd be if you only deigned to contribute some of your wisdom to us mere
11 > mortals. So much so that we ignore all the usual metrics, and take your email as gospel
12 > truth, that overrides whether you are actually a good fit for Gentoo, or even whether you
13 > can lookup docs on a website, let alone have actually contributed as part of the community.
14 >
15 > Good luck with that approach, and your current projects.
16
17 While I (and others BTW) was trying to provide an external POV with
18 points to make outside contributions and rectruitement more efficient,
19 you guys @gentoo.org turned this thread into plain bullshits.
20
21 Starting with a statement like "Please note I'm not discussing any
22 technical ability you may or may not have." does not allow you to make
23 the exact opposite and being insulting or border-line in the rest of
24 your mails. I don't remember I ever faced to such direct and personal
25 judgments in the open source world. Oh, I know you pretend it's not.
26
27 So, I'm on my way, dear, in order to:
28 - learn how to approach a community (stuff that practically every user
29 knows);
30 - learn where to find the doc and read it;
31 - learn all the basics;
32 - not magnify myself.
33
34 Thank you for all the smart feedbacks. Obvisously, it was all about me.
35
36 <F**k>
37 I want to believe you don't embody the dominant POV of the Gentoo
38 maintainers about the original topic.
39 </>
40
41 I'm going serioulsy tired of this thread.
44 Nicolas Sebrecht