From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions for NAS appliance?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 16:53:07
1 On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 12:35 AM William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > Look at the odroid HC4 - I am using 5x the older HC2 version for moosefs
4 > - they are USB3 based but work well in this application. They are arm32
5 > but 64bit is not needed.
6
7 I like the idea behind the HC series Odroids, but being limited to 1-2
8 drives per node seems a bit contraining. With the USB3 approach there
9 really is no limit to how many drives I can put on a node, as long as
10 I don't mind the performance drop. I'm more concerned with static
11 storage capacity in this case. If you're using 1Gbps ethernet then I
12 guess two drives is already going to saturate the network if they're
13 able to read sequentially.
16 Rich