From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] LiveCDs for Uni students
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 01:58:11
1 On 8/03/2014 9:01 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am 08.03.2014 01:54, schrieb Andrew Lowe:
3 >> Hi all, I'm doing some research on the topic of LiveCD's and was
4 >> after any input the list may have.
5 [snip]
6 ...
7 ...
8 ...
9 [snip]
10 >>
11 >> Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
12 >>
13 >> Andrew
16 > systemrescuecd?
17 >
18 "Too complicated". What I mean by this is that the user upon booting
19 has options!!! Do you kick into a graphical environment, do you copy
20 everything to memory, do you..... you get the idea. The problem is that
21 these are first year students in a common first year, they have not yet
22 decided upon their stream, could be Civil, Chem, Mech etc and don't see
23 any benefit in doing programming but have to pass the subject.
24
25 My "requirement" is that it boots into a GUI, preferably straight into
26 the environment, no username/password, has dhcp, a decent editor, a
27 browser and gcc or clang.
28
29 Andrew