From: Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What do you think about Firefox 57?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 01:22:30
1 On 2017-09-08 00:48, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:26 PM, Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi all,
5 >>
6 >> I have been using FoxyProxy in Firefox for a really long time, until
7 >> today I found its new version really sucks.
8 >>
9 >> Then I read the comment from author who declared that the old version
10 >> can *only* be used before (roughly) end of 2017 before Firefox 57 and in
11 >> new version some features must perish.
14 > I am assuming that most actively developed addons will be updated before 57
15 > drops, so the transition wont be too painful. Is the issue you're having
16 > with FoxyProxy related to it relying on features that are no longer
17 > available under the new framework?
18
19 Yes. The FoxyProxy author declared that some features are no long
20 available under the new framework.
21 I am really depressed about it because I just use that plugin every time
22 I use Firefox.
25 > This update will break my favorite extension, Vimperator. I am already
26 > looking at replacements for Firefox due to this. So far I have found
27 > qutebrowser which isn't really as featureful.
28 >
29 > R0b0t1.
30
31 I am using Keysnail, no idea whether or not it will be deprecated.
32
33 If the features I want are blocked by the new framework, I'm afraid I
34 would lock the version (fortunately it's Gentoo) for a long time, until
35 I find replacement for plugins, or even Firefox...
36
37 Danny