From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] removing kde4(sets)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:17:25
1 On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:45:54 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >
4 >> >> Are there any tricks to remove all of kde4, or do
5 >> >> I have to do it manually?
6 >> >
7 >> > The set and the meta-package pull in basically the same packages.
8 >> > Unmerge the set, emerge kde-meta then do a depclean to catch any
9 >> > stragglers.
10 >>
11 >> I would just delete the set from the world_sets file, then emerge
12 >> kde-meta, then depclean... much easier than unmerging everything and
13 >> recompiling it.
14 >
15 > Sorry, that's what I meant. I was thinking that unmerging a set was like
16 > unmerging a meta-package, that only the set itself would go.
17
18 Ah, okay, we meant the same thing then. :) AFAK emerge -C @set will
19 remove everything in @set but there's no portage command to remove the
20 set definition without unmerging what's in it. I could be wrong on
21 that, though.