From: "C.Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Messages on boot
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:20:30
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 06:33:21PM -0400, C.Beamer wrote:
6 >>Hi All,
7 >>
8 >>The first time I did a hard drive boot into Gentoon, I noticed two
9 >>messages as follows:
10 >>
11 >>One said the make sure that the host name in /etc was set to a valid
12 >>host name.
13 >>
14 >>Well, in /etc, I have a file named hosts and when I look at that, it
15 >>says that the host is localhost with the ip address of 127.0.0.1, which
16 >>is correct for local host. Should there be another host name in there?
20 >The message means for you to set the hostname in /etc/conf.d/hostname
21 >(or /etc/hostname if you are using a rather old baselayout).
24 >W
29 I don't have a /etc/hostname file, I just have a hosts file. Did I do
30 something wrong? My computer is a stand alone, but I connect to the
31 internet via cable modem.
32
33 Regards,
34