From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pop up windows with text message
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 22:28:37
1 How to design a sticky note pop-up when file is present?
2
3 I would like to check if file is present via and open a terminal window with a simple message.
4 I think a simple bash script and a cron job would do the trick or is there a better solution?
5
6 I've tried cron + bash script
7
8 cron:
9 32 10 * * * sh /home/joseph/xp_share/wall.sh
10
11 wall.sh
12 terminal
13 wall file ready
14
15 When I open terminal and type: "terminal" new windows pops up
16 But if close all the terminals and run wall.sh script the terminal will not open.
17 I get an error message: (terminal:24945): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open
18 display:
21 Joseph