From: "Matthew R. Lee" <gentoo@××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] digital camera - Longshot!
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:50:32
Dear All,
I've just taken delivery of a shiny new microscope with a digital imaging
system. Essentially a fancy usb webcam.  As usual out of the box there is no
Linux support. The model is a Q Imaging Go-3. Their website doesn't mention
linux support except in the context of the firewire models.
I've done a lsusb and got the following info:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 5354:80e3 [no model or manufacturer info]

I've looked through various webcam, gentoo-wiki, and V4L sites to see if those
IDs mean anything, but no luck sofar. I even tried googling them. Truth is
I'm not sure what they actually refer to.

Longshot, has anybody got this camera and got it working.
The alternative I suppose is to run it through XP which I'm going to install
in a virtual machine later. I've got other software I need to use which I
can't persuade Wine to run.
--
Dr. Matthew R. Lee

matt@××××××××××.org