From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:12:11
1 On 13/12/2017 01:23, allan gottlieb wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 11 2017, Jorge Almeida wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> Just my two cents. I will not answer any reply to my little contribution to
7 >>> this thread;
8 >>
9 >> Good. I can't remember any intervention from you that I would miss.
10 >
11 > That makes one of us.
12 >
13 > As a gnome user I needed to use systemd when gnome-3 came about. While
14 > I have nothing useful to say pro or con about systemd, I strongly
15 > believe Canek has contributed a number of helpful comments to this
16 > group.
19 Yes, this.
20
21 Some historical correctnesses about Canek:
22
23 - He has been here for years
24 - He has contributed here for years
25 - He supports systemd and has offered more help and explanation about
26 systemd to it's users on this list than any other single person, bar none
27 - He has never, not once, slagged off SysV Init, OpenRC or any other
28 init system, ot the creators or the users
29 - He has never posted rude or inflamatory comments about anyone arguing
30 against him
31 - He has never resorted to ad-hominem and never posted any knee jerk
32 opinions about any other poster wrt their stance on init systems
33
34 If we look at the reverse we see a very different picture, and it's
35 right here in this very thread. To the poster who rudely commented about
36 Canek being a professor and that doesn't make him right and that he is
37 one voice, step back pal and take a very long hard look at what you
38 said. Yes, it doesn't make him right. Also doesn't make him wrong. His
39 posts and the content are what make him right or wrong. There truly are
40 fan bois on this list, but Canek is not one of them. It's the
41 systemd-haters and Poeterring-haters who are being fan bois, painting
42 all detractors with the same brush.
43
44 Frankly, I'm amazed Canek is still here considering the amount of abuse
45 he takes from this list. He must have thick skin or maybe dealing with
46 detractors is a crucial part of academic training. I myself would have
47 rage quitted a long time ago but he is still here.
48
49 A good healthy dose of manners like your Mama taught you is in short
50 supply around here right now.
54 Alan McKinnon
55 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com