From: Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mini Gentoo in VMWare
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 05:48:18
1 Hi Guys,
2
3 Has anyone here played with minimalizing everything for use in vmware?
4
5 Basically what I want to do is create a series of VERY tiny VMs that
6 are all independent of each other, which provide one service. For
7 instance, I might put apache on one VM, and tomcat on another, and so
8 on. Obviously, I would want their memory usage to be absolutely
9 minimized, seeing that I would like to run them all on one computer.
10 I would probably provide them 64M-128M of RAM each, for their specific
11 service. Perhaps a little more if really required.
12
13 Is there really anything that I should worry about? Perhaps I should
14 just DO IT?
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list