From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 18:57:19
1 Am 21.12.2016 um 14:03 schrieb Rich Freeman:
2 > I don't agree that you are "forced"
3 > to use systemd. Maybe you might be forced to use a different browser
4 > or fork your browser or patch it or stick with an old version and
5 > backport security fixes if you want to use it without systemd some
6 > day.
7
8 And there it is again this silly argument and this twisting of words.
9 Typical for those Poettering fanboys.
10
11 > But, if the entire Firefox developer community quit and decided
12 > to do something else (a la Thunderbird) you'd be in a similar boat.
13 > Sometimes you get what you pay for.
14
15 And this again. You know the difference between OpenSource and ClosedSource?
16
17 You pay for ClosedSource. For OpenSource you don't need to pay. But I
18 have neither time nor energy to explain you the philosophy (before
19 Poetterix) of OpenSource. But I can tell you this much. OpenSource and
20 its developers usually have no commercial intentions. It seems to be
21 different for Poettering and his fanboys.
22
23 > I get that people who want to avoid systemd are frustrated by this,
24 > but honestly it feels like spitting against the wind at this point.
25
26 And the arrogance and ignorance of Poettering's and his fanboys' again.
27
28 > I
29 > was frustrated back when everybody stopped taking care of kde-3.5 and
30 > kde-4 wasn't really ready and was a resource hog on older systems. I
31 > switched to xfce for a while, because ultimately I can't demand that
32 > the kde project cater to my whims.
33
34 Just compare apples and oranges. Also typical for Poettering and his
35 fanboys.
36
37 The situation with KDE has nothing - and I mean nothing - to do with the
38 situation with systemd. But I have neither time nor energy to explain
39 that, too. I would talk to a wall anyway.
40
41 > In general though, nobody is required to engage in
42 > debates/arguments/etc here, or even read your posts. People choose to
43 > participate in list discussions just as they choose what software they
44 > want to maintain.
45
46 There they are again: The apples and the oranges.
47
48 Heiko Baums