From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} open-source: chat, tasks, resources, code
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:07:27
1 >> I should have specified that the people in the organization are spread out
2 >> in different locations.
3 >>
4 >> It sounds like it is difficult/dangerous to run an internet-facing IRC
5 >> server and ejabberd is unstable?
6 >
7 > This is what VPNs are for. I haven't really heard anything seriously
8 > problematic about ejabberd outside of some folks dislike of adding
9 > another language runtime.
10 >
11 > Whatever you decide to run internally, you're going to need to become
12 > knowledgeable in its administration. This is why a fair amount of
13 > folks are outsourcing communications infrastructure. Few believe they
14 > have the time to learn to manage the thing properly.
15
16 Is ejabberd difficult to run over the internet safely?
17
18 - Grant