From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Fw: [gentoo-user] Whole lotta minimal
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:07:37
1 > > Can someone explain the great minimal breakout happening in portage or
2 > > point me toward a link? Is USE="minimal" in make.conf the kind of
3 > > thing you should do if you don't have a specific reason not to, or the
4 > > kind of thing you shouldn't do unless you have a specific reason to.
5 > >
6 > > - Grant
7 > The second one, but I can't come up with any possible reason for doing
8 > so. The actual problem is that the flag has no 'real' global meaning,
9 > which means that it might turn off some 'unnecessary' features in one
10 > application and turn off one of the most useful in another.
11 >
12 > So don't gamble with it. :)
13
14 Ok, good to know. Can anyone report any packages they prefer to run
15 with USE="minimal" ?
16
17 - Grant
18 --