From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: USE flag 'split-usr' is now global
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 17:07:59
1 On 2019-08-04 12:29, Mick wrote:
2
3 > https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/TheCaseForTheUsrMerge/
4 >
5 > Essentially the historical reasons for having a lot of separate
6 > directories/ fs/partitions/disks are becoming obsolete and many of
7 > them are due to merge, changing the baselayout. I assume the move to
8 > profile 17.1 to deal with the various /lib directories was the start.
9
10 I know about the history as it relates to Unix and Linux in general. In
11 fact I think I've read that article long ago. But the question is
12 what's up in gentoo. I suspect another potentially painful migration is
13 on the horizon; it would be good to know the speed we're moving toward
14 the horizon :-)
17 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
18 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
19 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
20 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.