From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Calm
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:49:14
1 Hello, Gentoo.
2
3 I'm just saying hello to confirm I'm still here.
4
5 For many months now, Gentoo has simply worked for me, without problems.
6 I sync my system several times a week, and emerge just works.
7
8 The last bit of excitement I had was in early 2015 when I was trying to
9 sort out the mess in my xfce4 system after gnome-3 had been made stable.
10 In the end, I gave up and reinstalled Gentoo, which this time took me
11 only a week.
12
13 Admittedly, there's very little which is cutting edge on my system - the
14 box is 6½ years old, it boots with lilo on an old fashioned BIOS, my
15 filesystems are ext3 (or in one case, ext2) on spinning rust. The only
16 remotely adventurous things I've got are RAID-1 (via the kernel) and
17 lvm2.
18
19 So a big thanks to all the developers who've brought about this happy
20 state of affairs!
23 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).