From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Memory cards and deleting files.
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 16:17:48
1 On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:50:46 -0400,
2 Franz Fellner wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sun Jun 21 09:21:36 2020, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > The cards I use are class 10, slow but pretty fast for the type of
6 > > card.  Generally, I can download several hundred MBs in a minute or
7 > > two.  Deleting sometimes over a 1,000 pics one at a time just isn't
8 > > feasible.  That could take a long time.
9 >
10 > That wasn't my intention!
11 > I thought you should just select one file (remember its name), delete it,
12 > unmount, remount and see if the file is still there.
13 > So you can be sure that you really have a different issue than just performance.
14 > Trying to delete a folder takes ages and you don't see the file names.
15
16 Definitely unmount, the sectors sometimes don't write to disk for
17 quite a while, and your unmount should take a few seconds to more than
18 a minute and so unmount and wait till it returns, and then remount and
19 see what happens.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici wb2una