From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can RTFM, but can I understand it: re elog messages
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:38:55
1 On Thursday 19 August 2010 21:21:20 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > So I looked up "auto-hinter" in the flagedit(1) program. It says:
4 > auto-hinter: Local Flag: Use the unpatented auto-hinter instead
5 > of the (recommended) TrueType bytecode interpreter (media-
6 > libs/freetype)
7 >
8 > The placement of the "(recommended)" is just a bit ambiguous.
9
10 No, it isn't. You may be being confused by the unnecessary inclusion of
11 brackets (parentheses if you're American); remove them and you see that
12 the TrueType byte-code interpreter is recommended. Or, just consider the
13 phrase "the recommended TrueType bytecode interpreter", with or without
14 brackets. I can't see how that could be thought ambiguous.
17 Rgds
18 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.