From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:19:19
1 On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:25:55 -0600
2 Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
3
4 ...[snip]...
5
6 > You are missing the point of Gentoo then. We are NOT a binary distro
7 > (to repeat ad nauseum). If you want that kind of install, please
8 > change distros. I do find these other methods of install to be
9 > interesting though. Has anyone on this list ever used a PXE boot
10 > image to install?
11
12 I thought the point of gentoo was the ability to customize settings for
13 optimal performance/ and fit. I see this customization as starting
14 during installation and continuing after that. I also see it as
15 separate from _how_ the initial installation occurs.
16
17 Is it gentoo's goal to make the installation difficult so only a select
18 group can do the install? Or is the goal to make gentoo a great
19 distro? In the latter case, why not make the installation easy?
20
21 David
22 --
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list