From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternate mta's
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 22:15:51
1 On 2013-05-04 6:01 PM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 > I have both postfix and mailx. You'll notice that the category of mailx is
3 > mail-client and not mail-mta (or "net-mail", as you wrote). mail-client/mailx is
4 > simply a command line email client used for automating the sending and
5 > receiving of emails; on my system it is as far as I can tell only used by
6 > smartmontools.
7 >
8 > Unless msmtp also provides {,/usr}/bin/mail there isn't really an issue here.
9
10 Oh... ok, well, now I'm just wondering why it decided to install it all
11 of a sudden...
12
13 <shrug>
14