From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard Drive Crash - Please Help
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:53:20
1 My laptop is currently still copying everything to my desktop system
2 via tar and ssh. I generally have to run rc on the desktop system
3 periodically to make sure network-dependent services are still running
4 as the desktop sometimes loses the wireless connection temporarily.
5 When I ran rc this morning, I saw that ssh started so it must have
6 stopped some time overnight as it usually does. The laptop was still
7 running the tar | ssh command I had started the night before. Could
8 the desktop be missing some of the laptop's data since the desktop
9 wasn't running ssh all night, or would it "catch up" now that ssh is
10 running?
11
12 The laptop doesn't run sshd and X is not working so I can't make a
13 comparison of the data on the two systems.
14
15 - Grant
16