From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Somewhat OT: Any truth to this mess?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:19:40
1 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2
3 > Indeed. In fact, easier than that.
4 >
5 > Just inject false BGP routes into one of the backbone level routers, and
6 > see how wide the Internet becomes 'impacted'. Do it to maybe 5 or 6
7 > other routers that watch guard over the transatlantic and transpacific
8 > routes, and watch as the Internet fold upon itself.
9 >
10 > I was once a certified Network Engineer before I became a System Admin,
11 > so I know. The soft underbelly of the Intartubes is depressingly very
12 > vulnerable.
13 >
14 > Rgds,
18 Sounds like the internet could be switched off. So, next question, how
19 easy would it be to get it going again? Hours? Days? Weeks?
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
27 how you interpreted my words!
28
29 Miss the compile output? Hint:
30 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"