From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:16:00
1 The 01/08/13, hasufell wrote:
2
3 > You can use the command line too.
4 >
5 > www-client/pybugz
6
7 I know this tool. I did try it. At that time it was buggy and did not
8 work for me. Though, this would still be a busy process as this is just
9 another interface og the bugzilla thing.
10
11 > Git workflow has been on the todo list for a long time, as well as
12 > review systems such as gerrit.
13 >
14 > It is non trivial to implement
15
16 Other than the git repository size requiring a huge initial clone, it's
17 very easy to do. And yes, I've read all the headaches on the Gentoo
18 mailing lists about the git migration.
19
20 Also, Gentoo organization has two heads making ambitious dicisions hard
21 to take. And AFAIKS, to decision process in Gentoo is not helping at
22 all. We are far from how it worked at the genesis/beginning of Gentoo.
23
24 > It is non trivial to implement and none of it is an excuse for not
25 > contributing IMO ;)
26 >
27 > Those are enhancements and we are already working on it. Get your hands
28 > dirty.
29
30 Oh, yes. Pass the recruitement process to enhance the recruitement process,
31 workflow and decision process (not possible to change, IMO). Funny! :-)
32
33 Again, I proposed myself to the dev list two times in the past. Nobody
34 cared and I had no answers.
37 Nicolas Sebrecht